Forums > Community Hunters

Community Video Rules

Posts (458)

• BioHRay

BioHRay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042397 - 4 years ago

Community Video Guidelines / Rules

1) You may only upload one video per day
    2) All videos must be recorded with a capture device. No video cameras or cell phone footage will be accepted. SD welcome but HD is preferred
    3) All videos must have a dual commentary. Co-Commentator List.
    4) All videos must include both the Community Hunter intro and endslate Found here
    4.1)You must include the music for both the intro (front bumper) and endslate
    4.2)You may not talk over the intro (front bumper) music, please start talking after it
    4.3)You may talk over the endslate, just simply turn down the audio for it
    4.4)Your video must also include a title card with the name of the video posted directly after the Community Hunter intro
    5) Videos that are uploaded must be under 250MB
    6) Videos should be between 1:30 - 5:00 minutes. If you find that your video is short consider adding another achievement with it.
    7) Do not post videos for achievements that could be considered story based or natural progression achievements
    8) Do not post videos for achievements that are "Do X, Y number of times"
    9) Don't make a guide where your method of obtaining the achievement is considered "boosting" **
    10) Only 3 videos per achievement will be approved.
    11) No use of rape/sexual violence language in videos.
    12) No forms of advertising or self-promotion allowed. This includes capture devices that burn their logo, name, or website into the video.
    13) Please check the Community Hunter Forum for game threads pertaining to the game you plan to make a video for. Also post your intentions to make guides for X achievements there. If there is no thread for the game you want to do, make one.
    14) You may not add extra sound effects or music to videos that are not directly from the game (including royalty free sounds)
    14.1)No in game music is permitted as well
    15) Do not include any in-game cinematics or cut scenes
    16) Be sure to format your Title and Description properly and select the correct corresponding achievement. Failing to do so will result in your video being denied.
    16.1)If the video you are submitting is for a game not on the list. First submit the game to the site and then the video once the game is approved.
    17) "Let's Plays..." are not permitted
    18) We are no longer accepting Minecraft Let's Play Map suggestions from the community. You are still welcome to create a Things to do in... video but we will not use it for an AH Let's Play
    19) All ideas for a new series should be submitted to @TtevorC in writing via DM. If they are approved then make and upload a pilot episode
    19.1) Only established Community Hunters may request their own series and post pilot episodes. If you submit an idea before becoming established it will be ignored
    19.2) @TrevorC will determine who is considered to be "established" on a case-by-case basis

** Guides for "fast"/"easy" methods for achievements such as Seriously 3.0 in Gears of War 3 are permitted

All rules are subject to change, I recommend watching this thread for updates
    Happy Hunting!
    smiley12.gif

Post edited 3/04/14 10:01AM

• BioHRay

BioHRay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042398 - 4 years ago

This is where we will set up the ground rules for submitting Community Videos.

This will also give us a space to talk about them and change them, if the need arises.

• BioHRay

#32042399 - 4 years ago

I think we can all agree on the following;

1) If it's a short video, add another achievement in it
    2) Stay away from story/natural progression achievements
    3) Don't make a guide that you used boosting get the achievement

I also think it will be a good idea to make a thread for each new game so that the people who want to make videos for that game can go and talk about what guides they will make

Post edited 3/02/13 12:07PM

• Chad

Chad

#32042400 - 4 years ago

4) Stay away from achievements that are like "Kill 30 enemies with the shotgun".

• tonyski

tonyski change is scary

#32042402 - 4 years ago

Remember, no lets plays.

• Nand

Nand

#32042403 - 4 years ago

In reply to BioHRay, #3:

It might be helpful to define what is "too short". 1:00? 1:30?
    Also, someone brought up the argument for your second point that if the achievement involves getting past a certain area or boss on say the hardest difficulty and it is ridiculously hard, a video showing a secret, glitchy, or downright easy-as-balls way to do it would be helpful.

In reply to Chad, #4:

I completely agree, except in cases when a game calls for a ridiculous amount of kills (like the Gears of War series, of which a new game is coming out in the near future) and someone knows a shortcut to getting a ton of kills that can clean up the achievement quickly. Though these instances are typically rare.

In reply to D00ughBoy, #5:

I agree, new ideas for series should get community and Caleb feedback before people start making a bunch of new ones. However, "Things to see in...", to me at least, is practically the same concept as Easter Egg videos, which are good videos IMO.

In reply to tonyski, #6:

Amen.

In reply to no one, if you find you are going to make the same achievement video as someone else when posting in the forums, try to collaborate and dual-commentate instead of making separate videos and compete for view counts. Unless, of course, both people have different methods of getting it (but even then, you could combine both methods into one video).

• trevorc

trevorc FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042404 - 4 years ago

In reply to Nand, #7:

I really like 1:30. It's not unobtainable; it allows for enough explanation/guiding and is a pretty good length for 2+ achievements or more difficult single achievement guides.

I also agree that if you have a way to shorten a larger "kill X people" achievement or make it easier and less grinding, then that should be acceptable.

• caleb

caleb FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Frisbee

#32042405 - 4 years ago

No guides over 5 minutes aside from collectibles.

• Marc

Marc

#32042406 - 4 years ago

In reply to Nand, #7:

I agree that if there's an achievement that requires mass amounts of kills like Zombie Genocider in Dead Rising someone making a guide highlighting a good method to get it/ a good place to get it would be appropriate. However the types of videos that are like under a minute where someone is just saying 'yeah you need X amount of kills, and yeah it'll take awhile, etc' and don't even offer any type of suggestion about anything regarding it need to just stop. I recently saw a video for the 'Go for the Limbs!' achievement in Dead Space 3 which simply requires you dismember 500 limbs, its something that is self explanatory and is something everyone should be getting by just playing the game, and the creator didn't really give any type of advice for it.

• FinalCutMin

FinalCutMin

#32042407 - 4 years ago

In reply to reached, #8:

I think a 1:30 minimum is a perfect floor for a 1 achievement guide but I would encourage people to try and tack on a second or third achievement (while meeting the guidelines) to get the video around 2-4 minutes.

• levy350

levy350

#32042408 - 4 years ago

In reply to caleb, #9:

What about This is's? Try and keep it short as possible?

• Rico

Rico FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042409 - 4 years ago

In reply to levy350, #12:

I'd say for This Is videos the only restriction on those should be to keep them under 5 minutes. 5 Minutes is plenty of time to talk about the game and go over some of the more important achievements in them.

• a_cromack

a_cromack

#32042410 - 4 years ago

I know it may be an arguable point, but Guides for multiplayer achievements don't seem right to me.
    Specifically deathmatch multiplayer, like the Halo DLC achievements.

I feel that the way you get these achievements fluctuate immensely in response to you and your opponent's skill level, and so I don't think it'd be really possible to make a fully transferable guide for all gamers.

I mean, I guess you could make a point for 'tips' videos, but in my mind an 'achievement guide' is a sure-fire, step-by-step process to accomplish an achievement. But that could just be me

• superninja56

superninja56 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042411 - 4 years ago

Things to Do In... videos should make sure there isn't already a similar (or in the proceeding case, exactly the same) video already up. For example, I made a Noisemaker video in Minecraft a few months ago, and recently saw a video of the exact same thing. This is irritating for content creators who get their original ideas ripped off with no credit. That's not to say that someone couldn't take your Thing and take it a step further, but the original should be credited at the very least.

• superninja56

superninja56 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042412 - 4 years ago

In reply to Chad, #4:

I agree with no spin-offs or new series, UNLESS you get Caleb himself to approve it. He is very helpful, and won't shoot you down without telling you why first, and is also the one that ultimately decides whether to post a video or not anyway. Getting rid of new series entries probably puts a small but significant dent in the videos that Caleb has to watch. Making a new series won't get you hired, people.

• Chad

Chad

#32042413 - 4 years ago

In reply to superninja56, #16:

Why is that a reply to me? I didn't say no spin-offs or new series'.

• superninja56

#32042414 - 4 years ago

In reply to superninja56, #16:

wrong reply, sorry d00ghboy.

• BioHRay

#32042415 - 4 years ago

Ok, I updated the first post with what we have so far. Anything need adding or changing?

• CmanXP

CmanXP

#32042416 - 4 years ago

In reply to caleb, #9:

Can there be special exceptions for timed achievements? Such as "Finish a level in 7 minutes?"

• BioHRay

#32042417 - 4 years ago

In reply to CmanXP, #20:

In that case you would most likely want to speed up the video anyway... But in general, your video won't be denied if it's, say 5:05. It's just something to consider and shoot for when making it

• Carramch

Carramch FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Guardian x2

#32042418 - 4 years ago

I like where this is going so far. As for myself I've only uploaded like 3 or 4 achievement videos not really expecting them to get put up because I know there's tons of videos that get submitted all the time. I feel like the structure and organization that has been achieved these last 2 days or so should make things a lot easier for everyone already. I especially like this idea of collaborating with people who plan on making a video for the same achievement as you.

• itzBoose

itzBoose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042419 - 4 years ago

In reply to BioHRay, #1:

One question for number 7, what if doing Y is difficult for some people and they would need a guide to show them how to do it X times in the easiest way? Example: I'm sure people appreciated the guide for getting 20 mantis stomps in halo 4. It showed where the best locations to get the kills were and how to kill people trying to hijack you.

Post edited 3/02/13 8:41PM

• kiladre

kiladre FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32042420 - 4 years ago

In reply to kaboose002, #23:

I would think for things of that matter would be better left to text guides or a comment left on the achievement rather than a full video. Plus when it comes to multiplayer kill x amount achievements, there is the grey area of people boosting. And it seems we don't want boosting vids.

• BioHRay

#32042421 - 4 years ago

In reply to kaboose002, #23:

In a situation like that you have to ask yourself about the difficulty factor. If you think it falls under the "Seriously 3.0" clause, then yes do it. If not then please try to avoid it

• Whiistler

Whiistler

#32042422 - 4 years ago

In reply to Rico, #13:

Personally I'd say keep it short but there shouldn't be a restriction. A few reasons for that is This Is videos aren't as common as achievement guides, if you have a game with a lot of content like Halo 4, talking about campaign, multiplayer and spartan ops could easily take more than 5 minutes. The longest currently is about 10 minutes for a community This Is. I think 10 minutes should be a good amount of time to get everything you want to say.

So you don't need to make it excessively long if you're doing it about an arcade game or steam game. But 10 minutes to me sounds like a good maximum for a full retail game. Granted not everyone will use the full 10 minutes, but it's nice to have that freedom so if you make a good 7 minute video you won't get rejected because it's 2 minutes too long.